Inferno of the Living
When someone tries to detect your alignment, you can tell them any alignment you like.
Tools of the Trade
When you have time to prepare for a job, you can produce the tools you need later on. When you produce them, say what they are and roll+INT. On a 10+, they work perfectly and aren’t even the only thing inside your black bag. On a 7-9, either there’s plenty more where that one came from but the GM will add a tag or a complication to it, or this is the last thing up your sleeve and it works perfectly. On a miss, there is probably something wrong with your tools.
Tricks of the Trade
When you pick locks or pockets or disable traps, roll+DEX. On a 10+, you do it, no problem. On a 7-9, you still do it, but the GM will offer you two options between a cost, danger, and suspicion.
When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+DEX. On a 10+, hold three. On a 7-9, hold one. Spend your hold as you move through the area to ask these questions:
* Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
* What does the trap do when activated?
* What else is hidden here?
When you defy danger to get through a difficult or dangerous passageway, on a hit, you may bring one of your companions through with you safely. Whatever you roll, you may sacrifice a piece of your gear to ignore a consequence—whichever piece is most readily at hand or makes the most sense. If this is adventuring gear that is still undefined, say what it is now.
When you scout a location with the intention of breaking in, roll+INT. On a 10+, ask the GM three questions from the list below. On a 7-9, ask one:
* What’s my best way in?
* What’s out of place here?
* What’s the greatest danger here?
* Where do they keep the valuables?
Take +1 forward when you take advantage of the answers.
You have perfect recall of the places you have explored. You can always find your way back to an underground location you have been to, without considering it a perilous journey. If anything has changed since your last visit, you spot it right away.
Steal something of social or cultural significance.
- Dungeon rations (9 uses, 2 weight)
- Ragged bow (near, 2 weight) and a bundle of arrows (2 ammo, 1 weight)
- Black bag of tools (1 weight)
- Lantern (1 weight) and oil
- Thieves’ tools (1 weight)
- Bag of chalk and sand
- Adventuring Gear (5 uses, 1 weight)
- Dagger (hand, 1 weight)
- Coin of Remembering
- Bag of Holding
- Healing Potion x3
- Oil of Tagit
- Antitoxin x2
As a rogue, Gaius can have up to four bonds at a time.
- I spent time in jail with Taketios.
- Fujin has fenced goods for me before.
- Tiberius saved me from joining the wrong thieves’ guild.
- I don’t think Ushitōrai approves of my life choices.